RE: Returning from a call-template or breaking a for-each

Subject: RE: Returning from a call-template or breaking a for-each
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:31:39 +0100
> I have written a template looping through a (xt-)node-set and
> looking for a node with a given id:
>
> Now I want to return from this template when I have found the node. Is
> there a way to achive this?

No, because xsl:for-each does not "loop through" the members of the
node-set, it processes them (conceptually) in parallel.

If you only want to process a subset of the nodes, you must either define
this subset as part of the select expression in the xsl:for-each
instruction, or you must use a recursive named template to process the nodes
one by one.

Mike Kay