[Off topic?] Netscape 6.0 & XML/XSLT. Any success?

Subject: [Off topic?] Netscape 6.0 & XML/XSLT. Any success?
From: AndrewWatt2000@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 03:01:28 EDT
Apologies if this is viewed as not totally on topic. I felt this was probably
a question for xml-dev but that list seems to be down (yet again <sigh>).

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get any XML-related functionality
working in Netscape 6.0 Preview Release 1.

My experience so far is that there is no XML functionality enabled in this
preview release, at least in the default configuration. Applying XSL-T
transformation sheets also seems to have no effect on how an XML file
appears. Netscape seems just not to "see" anything XML-related.

Does anyone happen to know definitively if XML functionality is absent in the
preview release or, if it is present, is there a way to enable it?

The help files are full of hype about how good the XML support in Netscape
6.0 is. Those files may be a draft for the full release or just hype. It
isn't clear.

For a preview release Netscape 6.0 seems stable. I would like to experiment
with its supposed XML capabilities - if they are really there in this
release. :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Watt