Re: [Off topic?] Netscape 6.0 & XML/XSLT. Any success?

Subject: Re: [Off topic?] Netscape 6.0 & XML/XSLT. Any success?
From: Etienne Posthumus <etienne@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:13:34 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 AndrewWatt2000@xxxxxxx wrote:
> For a preview release Netscape 6.0 seems stable. I would like to experiment
> with its supposed XML capabilities - if they are really there in this
> release. :)

I can only comment on the XSLT engine in Mozilla from a user perspective.
It is great! It works well for me as a standalone processor, I use it on
the server side to do some simple transformations, but it is quick and
stable with an acceptable level of completeness.
It is written in C++ by Keith Visco, and not only does it function as the
processor in the browser, it is designed to work as a standalone processor
under Unix and Windows.

There are other people on this list more qualified to answer the
integration questions.

The best place to look for answers on your questions is the newsgroup:
netscape.public.mozilla.layout.xslt

Etienne Posthumus
- http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/etienne.html -