Re: MSXML 3.0 XSLT. Does it work?

Subject: Re: MSXML 3.0 XSLT. Does it work?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:36:50 -0600 (MDT)
sotiris@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The reason why I didn't post any code is because [...]
> XML code never exists in a file.

OK. That doesn't change my assertion that it is hard to diagnose the
actual problem. :)

> What exactly does it mean to install in "replace" mode?

When you installed 3.0, it installed alongside 2.0, not replacing it, so
that you could use one or the other. IE is unaware of the existence of
3.0. Look in your Windows system32 directory. You will see things like:

MSXML.DLL -- this is MSXML 2.0, although the DLL reports v5.00.2919.6303
msxml2.dll -- this is MSXML 2.5, although the DLL reports v7.50.4920.0
msxml3.dll -- this is MSXML 3.0, although the DLL reports v8.00.7309.1

To tell IE5 that you want it to use MSXML 3.0, run 'xmlinst.exe', which is
also in the system32 directory. Just run it once. It will make whatever
changes are necessary to make 3.0 the default for IE.

If you are not using IE and are accessing the components directly, make
sure you are accessing the right ones.

I also referred in my message to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/webtechnology/xml/xsltconv.asp

...which may save you some headaches.