How to use Multi-value Variables?

Subject: How to use Multi-value Variables?
From: David_Benua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:57:06 -0400
I've been working on an XSLT Stylesheet that transforms one XML into another
(and I've been using Michael Kay's excellent book).

Here's what I'm trying to do:

In one section of the XML, I have a Node which specifies the connection
Parameters of a database
<Database>
     <Driver>....</Driver>
     <Server>....</Server>
     <Owner>....</Owner>
     <TableName>..... </TableName>
     etc.
</Database>

I want to replace some (but not all) of these Nodes.
I've defined a variable:
<xsl:variable name="NewDBMS">
     <Driver>....</Driver>
     <Server>....</Server>
     <Owner>.....</Owner>
</xsl:variable>

This variable works fine, in that I can take the <xsl:value-of
select="$NewDBMS/Server" /> and get the value of the new server (as defined in
my variable).
The next problem is to build a template that matches all children of Database
that where there is also a child if $NewDBMS with the same name.  It does not
seem that an <xsl:template  match=... /> statement does not allow for variables.

I can, of course, make this work by creating specific templates for each child
of $NewDBMS, but I'm searching for a more generic approach.

Any suggestions?

Dave Benua
Percussion Software