RE: How to use Multi-value Variables?

Subject: RE: How to use Multi-value Variables?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:02:47 +0100
> What's the reasoning behind this restriction?
The reasoning isn't stated in the spec and I wasn't a party to the
discussions.

> Can you give a reference to the appropriate part of the spec?
XSLT section 11.1, penultimate sentence of first para

> I would've thought it's fairly intuitive to use '/' with a
> result-tree-fragment.
Intuition is no substitute for reading the spec.

But yes: there is now a fair consensus that the restrictions associated with
result-tree-fragments in XSLT 1.0 are unnecessary, which is why several
products (saxon, xt, msxml3) allow them to be converted to node-sets either
explicitly or implicitly.

Mike Kay