Re: Binary characters to output stream

Subject: Re: Binary characters to output stream
From: David_Marston@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:46:48 -0400
Lee Barwick asks:
>Is it possible to output binary characters from an XSLT transformation?
>The type of output I need is actually a printer command of the
>following format:
>[ESC]command;
>Where [ESC] is ASCII character 27.

If you're asking about streaming more-or-less directly to the printer,
that makes me suspect that you're choosing
<xsl:output method="text" />, possibly with other options. If so,
try an &#27; to generate the escape. You might also throw in
encoding="US-ASCII" if your processor's xsl:output supports it.

The spec (Section 16.3) grants a lot of leeway, so you can't be
sure of what will happen just by reading the spec.
.................David Marston