Re: RTF and PDF

Subject: Re: RTF and PDF
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:55:56 +0100 (BST)
Ben C. writes:
 > about the possibility to make an XML document into RTF or PDF.  Does anyone
 > know of any sort of documentation of how to do this, or any way to
 > do this? I experimented and tried a few things unsuccessfuly so any

what did you experiment with? some typical ways are

 - Using XSL FO, implemented by Apache's FOP, RenderX, and PassiveTeX
 - Using private languages providing a layer over PDF - ReportLab is
    an example of that
 - Using the Jade DSSSL processor, and the RTF or TeX backends
 - Reading the XML into Framemaker, 3B2 etc

the world is your oyster, really. unless you lay down a whole set of
constraints, the answer is "it all depends"

Sebastian Rahtz