Re: RTF and PDF

Subject: Re: RTF and PDF
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:55:27 +0400
Ben,

> >  - Using XSL FO, implemented by Apache's FOP, RenderX, and PassiveTeX
>
> Everyone keeps leading me back to Apache's FOP...

Not necessarily to FOP, yet to some XSL FO formatter - unless you're strong
enough to write a direct transformation from your XML to RTF (this is surely
possible using <xsl:output method="text", but is unlikely to be a slack ;-)).
For a primer, this link may be of help:

www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/education/transforming-xml/xmltopdf/index.html

It is an IBM tutorial that uses FOP. Be careful: things evolve as new XSL FO
drafts are being implemented, so what you find there may not correspond fully to
the actual state of FOP engine. Still it may be useful to have a look there. I
also suggest looking at our example at http://www.renderx.com/hammer.html.

Best regards,

Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX