RE: XSLT engine performance

Subject: RE: XSLT engine performance
From: "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:35:22 -0400
There just validation warningsI think... the XML file is still well formed,
and can be processed.  We just happen to not stop if a validation error
occurs.  We just happen to not specifically stop if a validation warning
occurs.  I think you can override this behavior.  In retrospect, it might
be more correct to stop processing by default if a validation warning
occurs.

-scott

                    Heather Lindsay
                    <heather.lindsay@Trif        To:     "'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    olium.com>                   cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     RE: XSLT engine performance
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber
                    rytech.com

                    07/27/2000 09:37 AM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

>But still, isnt it surprising that Xalan bothered to do a formal
>parse, which produced errors, and then carried on regardless?

>Sebastian

This is odd.  I wonder how Xalan responds to an invalid XML file when the
transformation is done on a servlet.  Does anyone know?

           - Heather