RE: XSLT engine performance

Subject: RE: XSLT engine performance
From: "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:26:53 -0400
> I couldn't see a command-line switch offhand

Nope, I meant in calling code.

> a missing ID is not a warning, is it?

It's still well formed.

> isnt it mandated by the XML spec? or is that urban myth?

This is in the Xerces code.  There's probably an option somewhere to
control it.

-scott

                    Sebastian Rahtz
                    <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    ord.ac.uk>                                     cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    Sent by:                                       Subject:     RE: XSLT engine performance
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    07/27/2000 10:50 AM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus writes:

 > There just validation warningsI think
a missing ID is not a warning, is it?

 > ... the XML file is still well formed,
 > and can be processed.  We just happen to not stop if a validation error
 > occurs.  We just happen to not specifically stop if a validation warning
 > occurs.  I think you can override this behavior.

I couldn't see a command-line switch offhand

 > In retrospect, it might
 > be more correct to stop processing by default if a validation warning
 > occurs.

isnt it mandated by the XML spec? or is that urban myth?

Sebastian