Re: XSLT processor performance

Subject: Re: XSLT processor performance
From: Paul_Dick@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:20:06 -0400
Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
I should add that (to my surprise) Xalan does not recognize xsl:fallback,

The example given is using xsl:fallback outside of a template-body,  in a
top-level element.
According to the spec section 14.1
 When a namespace is designated as an extension namespace and an element
with a name from that
namespace occurs in a template, then the element is treated as an
instruction rather than as a literal result element.
NOTE: Since an element that is a child of an xsl:stylesheet element is not
occurring in a template, non-
XSLT top-level elements are not extension elements as defined here, and
nothing in this section applies to them.

Xalan does implement xsl:fallback,  however, in this incorrect usage, this
raises the question of, Should we
ignore it or alert the user of the bad stylesheet?  Currently we complain.

Paul