RE: Bug in 'xsl:sort'. ( XT vs SAXON. )

Subject: RE: Bug in 'xsl:sort'. ( XT vs SAXON. )
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:00:39 +0100
You left out another quote from the spec:

<note>It is possible for two conforming XSLT processors not to sort exactly
the same</note>

I don't know of any authority that tells me how to sort "lexicographically
in the culturally correct manner" for English. The XSLT spec has a
non-normative reference to a Unicode technical report (which it's quite
possible James Clark tries to follow in xt). The fact is, if you look at two
phone directories or indexes to see whether "-" collates before "0", you'll
get two different answers.

(Actually, I decided that once you get into "culturally correct" collating,
there are so many different conventions that it's not worth trying very hard
to get it right: instead I concentrated on providing user hooks to allow
user-defined collating sequences in Saxon.)

> I wish nobody will kill me, but I'm sure that there is a bug either in XT
or in SAXON.

xt:

> <code>0</code>
> <code>-1</code>