Re: Manipulating XSL element

Subject: Re: Manipulating XSL element
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:49:55 -0600 (MDT)
ciaran byrne wrote:
> Is there any way I can get my XSL to look at the tag and say

XSLT does not operate on tags. Tags are constructs in the physical
document. They indicate boundaries of logical elements. XSLT operates on a
node tree derived from these elements, and it is itself such a node tree.
The stylesheet you write is a representation of it. You are not specifying
literal output; you specify how to construct the result tree, which is
then serialized according to xsl:output and some defaulting rules in the
Output portion of the XSLT spec.

You might also want to take a look at:
http://www.dpawson.freeserve.co.uk/xsl/N2905.html#N8824

   - Mike