RE: WYSIWYG XSL Editors

Subject: RE: WYSIWYG XSL Editors
From: Ron Grimes <rgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 12:30:22 -0600
Yes, I got the suite to work just fine. However, since this is an alphaworks
product (emphasis on alpha), the documentation is lacking. Some basic things
I didn't know was that you must become familiar with DB2 UDB before trying
to use the Visual XML tools. You can't just run the install DB2 and expect
to be able to use the Visual XML suite. You must define any database file
you wish to use through the DB2 Control Center. Maybe you did that and it
was obvious to you, but it wasn't to me. After I did that, the demos and
samples worked fine.

Great stuff - once you get past the little obstacles that they don't really
outline for us very well. If you would like to contact me privately and tell
me what problems you're having, I'll try to assist.

-Ron Grimes