number formatting according to locale

Subject: number formatting according to locale
From: "Russ Holmes" <rholmes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:29:55 +1200
I need to format numbers in an xml file according to the locale of the web
server.

E.g. XML;

<ANumber>1234.56</ANumber>

Output from US server;

1,234.56

..from French Server;

1.234,56

I need one XSL style sheet which will do the transformation on the Client,
so using the regional settings of the client machine wouldn't work, I've
thought of maybe passing the locale of the server in the XML, which the XSL
would then use to determine the formatting..

e.g..In  XML

<Locale>US</Locale>
..

or

<Locale>FR</Locale>

..but then I don't know how I'd use that to do the formatting.

Guess I could create templates for each possible locale, but the seems a bit
clunky...

I've tried sending the bstrFormat for the formatnumber method in the xml.

e.g..

<Format>###,###,###0.00</Format>

..but the commas and points only indicate the presence of a thousands
divider and a decimal divider, the actual character is determined by the
regional settings of the machine on which the transformation is taking
place.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Russ