cannot force generation of " inside attribute value string

Subject: cannot force generation of " inside attribute value string
From: greg keraunen <gkeraunen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:48:03 -0700
dear friends,

I am having a problem producing xml output that includes double-quotes
inside of an attribute value.
Quotes are always converted to &quot;, even when I try to use CDATA
sections or <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">.
It does not matter what output mode I use: XML or HTML, the problem
persists.

This is what I want:
 <input type="text" name="vg_answer.qa[1]" value="<?php echo global_get(
"vg_answer.qa[1]" ); ?>">

This is what I am getting:
 <input type="text" name="vg_answer.qa[1]" value="<?php echo global_get(
&quot;vg_answer.qa[1]&quot;; ) ?>">

I know I could hack around this problem by generating the <input>
element as a <xsl:text> element instead of letting it go into the output
tree as and <input> element. But that won't work in this application
because I need to set the value attribute of the <input> element using
<xsl:attribute> and copy all of the other pre-existing attributes from
the input xml file.

Any ideas?

--
greg keraunen <gkeraunen@xxxxxxxxxxx> 408-542-8600 x8085