RE: string split

Subject: RE: string split
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:16:40 +0100
 David Carlisle
> > I've never seen modem noise on email before!
>

> Actually there was a more or less serious point about my
> non-xsl answer.
> XSL is quite a nice language for transforming structured
> documents, but
> it is absolutely completely hopeless at infering structure from plain
> text.
> To add structure to plain text you basically need regexp support
> either in the "modem noise" style of sed (or perl, to be more trendy)
> or the more readable style of omnimark.

Point taken David. One hammer doesn't fit all screws.
I nearly posted to the list this week when someone asked
about post processing for the form feed.
No, I'm neither a sed nor perl user.
  I do, on rare occasions, process plain text. My solution
is probably not as complete as sed/perl, but it does the little
I need.
See
http://home13.inet.tele.dk/ajm/provide/msub/index.html

for a poor mans search replace.

> Or XSLT2 (perhaps:-)

 Which will no doubt start introducing line noise :-)

Regards DaveP