RE: A doubt in XML

Subject: RE: A doubt in XML
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:24:41 +0200
For HTML you could use lots of different approaches, such as Perl, Omnimark,
DSSSL, etc. What I'd maybe do is use a tool, Tidy, instead, which can
convert the HTML to XHTML for you. If that's not enough, you can then use
XSLT to transform the XHTML to the exact XML format you want.

For Word, again you can use things like Perl and Omnimark. There are scripts
freely available in those languages (at least I know of a widely used one in
Omnimark), that give you some XML format, which you can then transform to
the XML format you want using XSLT.

Take a look at Tidy: http://www.xmlsoftware.com/convert/#tidy, and other
conversion tools listed on that page.

Linda