RE: A doubt in XML

Subject: RE: A doubt in XML
From: madhu <bmadi_1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 17:14:10 +0530
Hi,
i agree with you and to my knowledge there exists a simple two step process to
convert word document into XML:

1) save it as plain *.txt document
2) and from ground up  amrk it up in XML snas DTD or with DTD

this i found to be the best ;-) and the perfect process gaurenteed to
give consistent results
my falling $0.2 bit
thank you

regards
maddy
 On Fri, 06 Oct 2000, lee wrote:
> I can't imagine XML SPY doing the job for any document structure that has
> any degree of complexity - it only works on paragraph styles, the addition
> of coverting character styles would have made it much more useful. MS Word
> is probably the best option for acquiring content from a large and diverse
> population of authors: it is their preffered application and can be found on
> most desktops. If anyone has any further leads on word document conversion
> please let me know.
>
> Regards
> Lee

                To tread the sharp edge of a sword