question regarding "

Subject: question regarding "
From: "michael.veeck" <Michael.Veeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:23:56 +0200
Maybe the question is too easy, but what i dont understand is :
I have an XML-Document which contains Elements with Quotes like :

	<resource language="de">&quot;Hello World&quot;, says
Kenny</resource>

When I transform this Document using a stylesheet with the header

		<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="windows-1250">
		<DESCRIPTION><xsl:value-of
select="/resource[@language='de']"></DESCRIPTION>

the stylesheet replaces all Quotes leaving me with

		<DESCRIPTION>"Hello World", says Kenny</DESCRIPTION>

when there should be

	<DESCRIPTION>&quot;Hello World&quot;, says Kenny</DESCRIPTION>

What am I doing wrong ? Why does the processor replaces those quotes ? Or
are the " allowed in an XML-Document ?

Thanks in advance
Michael veeck