Re: Required attribute 'select' is missing.

Subject: Re: Required attribute 'select' is missing.
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:32:09 -0600 (MDT)
Rajagopal Srinivasan wrote:
> I have just ported my XSL program to MSXML3. When i ran my application all i get to see in the browser is the error
> 'Required attribute 'select' is missing. '
>
> what is it all about. can anybody help?

It means there is far too much sugar in your tea. Next time, only add
just enough to balance the bitterness. It should never be truly sweet.

Seriously, what does it sound like? There is an attribute called 'select'
that is required on one of your XSLT instructions, and you've forgotten to
put it in.

xsl:value-of
xsl:for-each
xsl:copy-of

are the instructions that require a select attribute. The value is an
XPath expression, typically one that returns a node-set.

Consider keeping on hand a command-line XSLT processor like Instant Saxon
so you can get error reporting with line numbers.

   - Mike