Re: XML to PDF

Subject: Re: XML to PDF
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:13:56 +0400
Larry,

> The crux of my problem is wide and deep tables.  My first pass at the FO
> produces a table that runs off the edge of the page!  Not very useful.

Have you seen 10-page-long tables in the PDF version of the XSL FO working
draft, in Appendix C? Are they like what you need? They were also produced using
an FO formatter (XEP by RenderX, version currently inavailable for evaluation).

> My gut tells me I have to use some combination of keeps and breaks to pull
> this off but I couldn't make sense of the verbiage on the w3c site on these
> topics.

<fo:table-cell keep-together.within-page="always">
</fo:table-cell>

should keep your table cells from splitting on page boundaries.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX