XML to XML transformation

Subject: XML to XML transformation
From: Evyatar_Kafkafi <evyatar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:46:54 +0200
I'd like to use XSLT to transform an XML document to another XML document.
The result should be very similar to the source, I may need to make only
slight changes.

To begin with, I tried to write an XSL stylesheet that creates a result
document that is the same as the source.

I found that I don't know how to do it.

I searched all the XSL tutorials I could found on the web, and couldn't find
an answer.

The best thing I got was this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>
 <xsl:template match="*">
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping = "yes" >&lt;</xsl:text>
	<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping = "yes" >&gt;</xsl:text>
	<xsl:apply-templates />
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping = "yes" >&lt;</xsl:text>
	<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping = "yes" >/&gt;</xsl:text>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

There must be something simpler than this.

Also, this worked for me with XSL Tester (of VBXML), but did not work with
Xalan-J.

Can anyone help me?

	Evyatar.