Re: [xsl] CDATA back to its original shape

Subject: Re: [xsl] CDATA back to its original shape
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:35:20 GMT

> so if you want to output it unescaped you can (and this may be wrong
> from the point of view of xsl gurus)
> <xsl:text disable-output-encoding="yes"><cdata ...></xsl:text>

 You meant <!<[CDATA not <cdata there I think, but beware
XSL engines are _not_ obliged to support disable-output-encoding,
it is only a hint that you might like it output that way.

But why would anyone want to write

 <xsl:text disable-output-encoding="yes"><![CDATA[ <foo>  </foo>]]></xsl:text>

which is a horrible kludge even when it works, when you can
far more simply write

  <foo>  </foo>

and just output the foo node as a literal result element?

David