[xsl] position of parent

Subject: [xsl] position of parent
From: Xavier Defrang <xavier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:18:34 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

I've got an XML document with <chapter> elements containing
<section> elements.  I'm currently writing an XSL that
transforms such XML documents into XHTML.  I want my sheet
to automatically number chapters and sections.  For this
purpose, i use the <xsl:value-of select="position()"/> in my
template that match the "chapter" element.

Now i'd like to have the section numbered as follow
"ChapterNumber.SectionNumber"... so the question is how do
I get the ChapterNumber when i'm processing a section element?
In other words, I'd like to get the position() of the parent
of a given node...

Thanks.

Xavier Defrang
Perceval R&D Team