[xsl] another href question

Subject: [xsl] another href question
From: "Turner, Althea" <Althea.Turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 16:14:01 -0800
hello all,

I have a fairly (actually very new) newbie question to put to you good
folks.  I have checked the FAQ and archives and haven't found the answer to
my question.  I am trying to make text link from one xsl page to another.  I
can link just fine to an html page.  I have found the following bit of code
and think I am getting close to a solution.

<!-- test for linking text   -->
         <xsl:element name="a">
         <xsl:attribute
              name="href">ContactUs.xsl</xsl:attribute>
         <xsl:text>Contact Us</xsl:text>
         </xsl:element>

My question is this:  What should be in place of "a"?  Elsewhere in our
docs, the "name" refers to a java class.  Do I need to have a java class for
href?  What am I not comprehending here?  I'm fairly sure that Xlink is
overkill for making simple text links.

Please be gentle, I'm new to XSL.  Thanks!

Althea Turner
Summit Information Services
541-758-5888 x 6902