Re: [xsl] RE: how XSL processor treat doctype declaration in source

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: how XSL processor treat doctype declaration in source
From: Scott Hayman <Scott.Hayman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:35:43 -0400
The DTD in question contains the line

<!ATTLIST svg
  xmlns CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";

which changes the default namespace. A thoroughly rotten trick to play on
you, in my opinion. Your XPath expressions need to match the elements using
this namespace.

I looked at the XPath specification, but I can't seem to figure out how I can setup an XPath expression to match a namespace qualified element. I've tried defining a namespace and then specifying the namespace in my expression, like:

  <xsl:stylesheet ... xmlns:svgns="http://www.w3c.org/2000/xvg";>
  <xsl:template match="svgns:svg">

to no avail. I've also tried fully specifying the URI between various delimiters (e.g., {}, <>, none), all with no luck.

What is the expression that will match an svg element?

Thanks very much.

Scott

--
Scott Hayman