RE: [xsl] Nested <xsl:for-each select="">

Subject: RE: [xsl] Nested <xsl:for-each select="">
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:28:45 +0100
> I have a problem to get the correct value of first
>   <xsl:for-each select="MainRoot/ContentTypeProperty/Record">
>
>       <xsl:for-each select="MainRoot/ContentTypePropertyData/Record" >

The XPath expression in the inner for-each is being evaluated with the
context node set to the element selected in the outer for-each. So it's
looking for a MainRoot element that's the child of a
MainRoot/ContentTypeProperty/Record, and there isn't one.

It looks to me as if you're one of those users who's using xsl:for-each
because it looks simpler than xsl:apply-templates. Some people advise never
using for-each until you've mastered template rules, because actually there
are lots of traps to fall into.

Mike Kay
Software AG