Re: [xsl] Re: Ordering of Blocks based on Input/Output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Ordering of Blocks based on Input/Output
From: Ingo Schildmann <ingoschi@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 20:47:47 +0200
On Tuesday 08 May 2001 19:59, you wrote:
> I should have included this, but there is a similar problem
> discussed on the list in message:
>
> http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/199911/msg00029.html
>
> The essential difference begin that the source XML in the above
> message had a direct representation for what blocks depend on
> other blocks. This information in implied in my XML by the
> connectivity between blocks. Although, the problems are highly
> I would like to get some fresh input especially as to efficiency
> and speed. Also, would a solution using keys be advantageous?

I didn't follow the old discussion and maybe I'm missing the point,
but I think the templates

<xsl:template match="name">
 <a name="{.}" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="connect">
 <dependency by="{input/@block}" on="{output/@block}"/>
</xsl:template>

would transform your data to the direct representation of message:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/199911/msg00115.html

So you can use the mentioned stylesheet in a second step.

Bye, Ingo

--
Ingo Schildmann                       WiredMinds Informationssysteme GmbH
email: Ingo.Schildmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Am Wilhelmsplatz 11, 70182 Stuttgart