Re: [xsl] Date formatting in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Date formatting in XSLT
From: Gary Frederick <gary.frederick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 06:37:59 -0500
With my me tooo hat on

I used the date-time functions in the XSLT Standard Library Steve mentioned and was pleased.

It was easy to translate iCalendar dates (20010801T103000)
to something a bit more printable (August  1, 2001 10:30 AM).
  http://xsltsl.sourceforge.net/

Gary

Steve Ball wrote:

What is the general approach to date formatting? Is there any work to
get time and date formatting into the standard?

The most tempting approach currently is to add an extension function
to Xalan. But I am not all that happy to build a custom solution that
I might not get to work in other Java TrAX implementations.

The XSLT Standard Library, http://xsltsl.sf.net/, has a date-time stylesheet module. This module includes a date formatting function.

You may find XSLTSL a useful alternative to EXSLT since the former
does not require extensions.  In that sense the two projects are
complementary.

Regards,
Steve Ball