Re: [xsl] using "and" / "or"

Subject: Re: [xsl] using "and" / "or"
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:00:12 -0400
Carlos,

"and" in XPath (XSL's expression language) is "and".

"or" is "or".

As in:
<xsl:when test="num_at_station='1' or num_at_station='2'"> ...

If you need an answer to this kind of question *quickly*, the best way to get it is to refer directly to the XPath and XSLT Recommendations (at www.w3.org). They are both reasonably short and clear (especially for technical specs). Your question can be answered in minutes if you happen to know where these documents are and what they cover. Best of all, they are absolutely authoritative (assuming you are using XSLT, which not everyone is who thinks they are).

Another readily available resource is the XSL FAQ maintained by Dave Pawson, which is linked from the XSL-List page whose URI appears at the end of every list message.

Cheers,
Wendell