RE: [xsl] Irrecoverable BUG in MSXML 4.0 concerning ancestor::*[condition][1]

Subject: RE: [xsl] Irrecoverable BUG in MSXML 4.0 concerning ancestor::*[condition][1]
From: "Andrew Kimball" <akimball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:59:53 -0700
Alexander,

You wrote:
> As a result, we obtain <result></result>
> instead of <result><OK/></result>.

> This time, I failed to find a work-around, switched to 3.0,
> and had to stop testing MSXML 4.0 due to this bug.

Thank you for reporting this bug.  The XSLT engine in MSXML 4.0 has been
completely rewritten (for performance) and so there are still a number
of bugs to be found and fixed.  We found this particular bug just after
we posted MSXML 4.0 beta 2 to the web.

Here is a workaround to your problem:

(ancestor::*/self::*)[true()][1]

If you find further bugs with the beta, CC me on your e-mail's, and I'll
look at them right away.  You're turning out to be our very best beta
user and bug reporter.

Out of curiosity, what kinds of tests are you running against MSXML 4.0?
Are they functionality tests, or is it an actual application?

~Andy Kimball
MSXSL Dev