[xsl] difficulties with exclude-result-prefixes and xsl:copy

Subject: [xsl] difficulties with exclude-result-prefixes and xsl:copy
From: Amy Kaizerman <amy.j.kaizerman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:02:52 -0700
Hi.  I'm not sure how to do this the correct way.  I have the following XML:

<xql:result>
  <Aps:ProductStructure ino:id='4' xmlns:Aps='http://www.foo.com/aps/' id='1'>
    <Aps:AssemblyName>bar</Aps:AssemblyName>
    <Aps:AlternateAssemblyName>testc</Aps:AlternateAssemblyName>
    <Aps:PartNumber>r20359</Aps:PartNumber>
    <Aps:Name>bar part 4</Aps:Name>
    <Aps:Description>this is just test data</Aps:Description>
    <Aps:PartRelationship>
      <Aps:PreviousAssembly id='0'>
        <Aps:Name>NSS-10 satellite</Aps:Name>
        <Aps:QuantityPreviousAssembly>1</Aps:QuantityPreviousAssembly>
      </Aps:PreviousAssembly>
      <Aps:Component id='2'>
        <Aps:Name>bolts</Aps:Name>
      </Aps:Component>
      <Aps:Component>
        <Aps:Name>nuts</Aps:Name>
      </Aps:Component>
    </Aps:PartRelationship>
    <Aps:AsBuilt>
    </Aps:AsBuilt>
  </Aps:ProductStructure>
</xql:result>

And I want it returned to me exactly as it is without the <xql:result> tag and
the
attribute ino:id after Aps:ProductStructure.

I thought I could just use the xsl:copy like so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0"
xmlns:Aps="http://www.foo.com/aps/";
xmlns:ino="http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2";
xmlns:xql="http://metalab.unc.edu/xql/";
exclude-result-prefixes="ino xql">

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

<xsl:template match="* | text() | @*">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="* | text() | @*"/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

but this gives me back exactly what I sent in.  I'm guessing xsl:copy doesn't
get rid of
the prefixes and does a straight copy.

What is the easiset way for me to get back what I want?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Amy