Re: [xsl] Deploying xsl sheets in Java Environment

Subject: Re: [xsl] Deploying xsl sheets in Java Environment
From: "Aleksei Valikov" <valikov@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:14:11 +0200
Hi.

> I need to deploy a xsl document that converts the input XML document into
> another XML document that is used at the backend. One way of deploying
this
> xsl file is to place it in a config directory and access it from the Java
> code. However, the config directory is deployed at the customer's server
> site and I don't want the customers to be able to access this xsl file (to
> avoid accidental deletes and changes)....What are my options? Is there a
way
> I can encrypt this file? I am not using any application server...

For speed and obfuscation I guess you may complile a stylesheet into a java
class. As far as I remember, alphaworks.ibm.com has a technology and so has
the apache xml initiative. And many more.
If this is ony to secure the stylesheet itself - not access to it, I guess
it will be a right solution.

Bye.
/lexi