Re: [xsl] How to select the following attribute ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to select the following attribute ?
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:18:51 +0100
Hi Stephane,

> I know I can use the axis specifiers following:: to select the
> following element. Is it possible to select the following attribute
> ?

Attributes in XML are by definition unordered, so there's no concept
of a 'following' attribute in XML. This point can get a little
confused because when you select nodes by position in XPath, you have
to have some kind of definition of order, so XPath does allow you to
do things like @*[1] even though you can't guarantee which attribute
you'll get when you do so.

Perhaps if you tell us what you're doing when you want to select the
'following' attribute we can find an appropriate way of doing so.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison