Re: [xsl] streaming multiple XML input

Subject: Re: [xsl] streaming multiple XML input
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:20:02 +0100
Mike Brown wrote:

> If you have the option of using a servlet that returns, via HTTP, a
> document in response to a URI like http://myhost/getstream?num=2, then
> that is probably the easiest thing to implement.

Another alternative to explore, potentially rather simpler, is to pass
the input tree or trees in one or more gloal parameters.

I'm so used to passing global parameters in form the command line that I
assumed that they would be treated as RTFs (ie text rather than markup)
but when I tried passing a nodeset (which could be an entire document)
to MSXML from JScript it was in fact treated as a tree.

I can't find any discussion of this point in the spec - do other parsers
support this use?

Francis.