RE: [xsl] IE browsers

Subject: RE: [xsl] IE browsers
From: "Hahn, Kimberly" <Kim.Hahn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:58:41 -0500
I work on an application that uses IE 5.x and up, exclusively.  To make sure
that the XSLT/XSL that is used by the web based application will run on
client machines we make sure that the client has at least the MSXML that we
need installed.  This is done as the user logs into the system using the
following tag in a web page:

<object CLASSID="CLSID:f5078f19-c551-11d3-89b9-0000f81fe221"
codebase="../../controls/msxml3.cab#version=8,00,7820,0" id="msxml3"
VIEWASTEXT></object>

We pulled the cab file from a Microsoft web site.  We have both domestic and
international users and this has been working well for US systems and
European systems.