[xsl] dynamic import of stylesheets?

Subject: [xsl] dynamic import of stylesheets?
From: Phillip Rhodes <rhodespc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:17:53 -0400
Hi,

I am using xsl, xml in a perhaps novel way, and can't think of a solution to my problem. To explain:

I am generating reports that are very "per-report" customized. They are built up sentence by sentence based upon values in the source xml document. Each sentence is a named template. For example, someone with a high risk score in cancer will see a certain set of sentences. For example:
<xsl:if test"/cycle/cancer[@riskscore &gt; 90]">
<xsl:call-template name="cancer-90"/>
</xsl:if>
and so on....

There are multiple versions of the named template "cancer-90", which is called above. The different versions represent longer, or detailed, or shorter ways of saying the same thing. I put each version of templates in it's own stylesheet, and do an import in the top stylesheet( the one that calls each of the section stylesheets) of the version of templates that I want to use.

I build up a 20 page report this way. Each report has different sections, cancer being one of them.
My problem is that I need to change the version of templates in use (change the import) for two of the sections in the report (and it will be different for each report). To explain, in the areas that people have their biggest problems (e.g. smoking, alcohol, weight), I want to use the most verbose set of templates.

My problem is that I need to set a different version of templates for each section (each section is already in it's own stylesheet) in a dynamic, runtime kind of way.

If you see a way to do this, or see a problem in general with my design, please get back to me.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post... Phillip