RE: [xsl] Namespace Identifiers - URI, URN, URL?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Namespace Identifiers - URI, URN, URL?
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:28:16 +0200

It *is* a URL. Accessing this URL may or may not give you a resource body,
and if it does, the format is unspecified. An XSLT engine doesn't need to
look there, it's only a name.

> something else that doesn't start with "http"..

See one of the many FAQs on namespaces
(<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/03/08/namespaces/index.html>).

> Ohh...so I do not need the <?xml ... > declaration in the
> stylesheets? Quick
> side question; does having that cause any problems?

You don't need an XML declaration on any XML document as long as you use one
of the default encodings (UTF-8 or UTF-16).