RE: [xsl] Match prefix

Subject: RE: [xsl] Match prefix
From: "DuCharme, Bob (LNG)" <bob.ducharme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:58:45 -0400
>How Can I match the Elements with prefix(e.g. Project:InvoiceNum) which are
>in xml file?
>if I use <xsl:value-of select="Project:InvoiceNum" /> in my xsl,  It
returns
>null value.

A prefix is an abbreviation that makes it easier to refer to a namespace. If
an XML document starts like this

  <whatever xmlns:blue="http://www.snee.com/namespace1";
            xmlns:red="http://www.snee.com/namespace1";>

then an XML processor should treat <blue:foo/> and <red:foo/> within that
whatever element the same way, because they're both foo elements from the
same namespace. So, it's not about matching elements with prefixes, but
about matching elements from particular namespaces.

There's more on this at http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/05/02/trxml.html, an
XML.com column I did on the topic (which is also an excerpt from my book).

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on new book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.