Re: [xsl] Match prefix

Subject: Re: [xsl] Match prefix
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:44:14 -0400
From: "Michael Beddow" <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:18:51 +0100

Hi Viktor!

> How Can I match the Elements with prefix(e.g. Project:InvoiceNum) which are
> in xml file?
> if I use <xsl:value-of select="Project:InvoiceNum" /> in my xsl,  It returns
> null value.

If
(1) you have at least one element named Project:InvoiceNum in your
document
and
(2) that element has at least one child node (which could be simply text
content)
and
(3) <xsl:value-of select="Project:InvoiceNum" />  returns a null value

that means that ProjectInvoiceNum isn't a child of the context node at
the point where the <xsl:value-of ..> is being invoked. So you'll need
to add some path information to the value of the select attribute, or
maybe alter your enclosing template so that the context node is
different when it fires.

If that answer doesn't make sense to you, it might be worth your while
spending some time studying some tutorial material to get a clearer
grasp of XSLT's way of working and its terminology. That would allow you
to post your problems in a way that might get you more help.

Michael