RE: [xsl] Basic: Diferrence between XSL and XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] Basic: Diferrence between XSL and XSLT
From: timw@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:23:16 +1000
Chris,

I don't think the Cheddar isn't meant to be compared to the ms dialect!

However, I think the use of human language was a good one to use to show how
the ms dialect is simular to XSLT, but not the same.  Also that
communication between the two languages isn't compatable even if some words
are comman.

Also XSL as a spec of w3c has XSLT and xsl-fo as sub classes.  (Like
different classes of cheese - although a strange choice of subject!) Just as
'Birds' discribes a group, and pigeons and sea gulls are types of birds -
XSL has XSLT and xsl-fo

Ducks are also a type of bird, but I hope we don't have to! :)

Tim