[xsl] Use of XSLT in "template driven code generation"

Subject: [xsl] Use of XSLT in "template driven code generation"
From: Soumen Sarkar <SoumenS@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:59:20 -0700
Hello,

This post is to point out a relatively unknown use of XSLT.

For the last few months I have used XSLT (SAXON XSLT processor) to
generate code in an application software project. I would like to
emphasize here that XSLT is typically used in document transform
(XML to WML or HTML) scenario and this misses the point that it
could be used very flexibly in "template driven code generation".

My experience of using XSLT to achieve code generation is documented
in the paper, available at:

http://www.geocities.com/sarkar_soumen/papers/codegen.pdf

If you have any problem downloading the paper, mail me at
sarkar_soumen@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Soumen Sarkar.