Re: [xsl] Javascript as an Include file in xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Javascript as an Include file in xsl
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Oct 2001 08:22:26 +0100

    Michael> I guess you're using MSXML3 (using extension functions is
    Michael> product-dependent). I don't know if MSXML3 allows
    Michael> separate .js files, but you can always use <xsl:include>
    Michael> to include a stylesheet module that contains only the
    Michael> <msxsl:script> elements.

I was faced with exactly this problem a couple of months ago. I wanted
to use the same function in a javascript routine on a web page, and at
transformation time. I found no better solution than to have two
versions of the function - one in an msxsl:script element in a .xsl
include file, and the other in a .js file for inclusion via a <script
src="" > tag.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire