[xsl] How to deal with special characters in XSL?

Subject: [xsl] How to deal with special characters in XSL?
From: "RABi" <rabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:59:28 +0800
Hi I am a newbie to the X-world. :)

I was developing some XSL layouts under the Orion server (now being part of
Oracle 9i). the server itself contains an XSL parser which will translate
the XML and XSL files into HTML before returning to the client.

I am now having 2 troubles when trying to run my XSL correctly.

1) the parser treat all &nbsp; as undefined entities, if I use
<![CDATA[&nbsp;]]>, it will be shown on the browser directly with the "&"
converted to &amp; in html. how can I put &nbsp; in my html without being
converted?

2) another problem happens to the "%" character. for e.g. I have a table
which is 100% wide, I will have to write it as:

        <xsl:attribute name="width"><![CDATA[100%]]></xsl:attribute>

    that works well in the Orion parser, but when I open the same XSL file
in IE directly, it will show "100%" inside the table on the screen! I have
to use <table width="100%"> in IE to overcome this problem. is there anyway
to make it work on all parsers?

yours,
RABi