Re: [xsl] Node Text parsing...

Subject: Re: [xsl] Node Text parsing...
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:34:39 GMT

> Yes I need the search to match between nodes, otherwise it'll be
> Too easy to be asking here ;)

then you need to be very careful how you define matching and when it
makes sense to wrap the matched text in an element.
If a search for "hello world" finds
then does it also find

and if so, where do you put the element marking the found text?

> Also text can be in any language (including japanese, corean, etc.)
> But... I think that shouldn't be a problem using UTF-8 ??
multilingual text is always a problem:(

the reason I mentioned English is not for reasons of encoding the
characters, but for encoding a lowercasing function in XSL
as has been mentioned before in this list doing the case translation for
english is OK in XSL, just translate() using 26 uppercase and 26 lowercase
letters. But for other languages it is a lot harder to do in XSL and
calling out to a language with real i18n string searching support makes
more sense.

David