RE: [xsl] Outputting literal and 'quoted' tags.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Outputting literal and 'quoted' tags.
From: "Stuart Celarier" <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:52:39 -0800
Emiliano,

Instead of writing

<input type="checkbox" name="{@id}" value="yes"<?php if ($value == 'yes')
{ echo " checked"; } ?>>

try this

<input type="checkbox" value="yes">
<xsl:attribute name="name"><xsl:value-of select="@id"/></xsl:attribute>
</input>

As for being a tyro (a beginner, more appropriate than the derogatory
'newbie'), I believe people don't get agitated by the question per se, but
with the informality and presumption of phrases like "I would expect". The
level of expectation should be set by specifications, documentation, and
books, not a gut feel. We occasionally like to pretend that we are engaged
in computer _science_. ;-) I appreciate the question (and the questions
behind the question) so I can understand where people have difficulties
learning the language. Good luck in your efforts.

Cheers,
Stuart, stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx, www.ferncrk.com