RE: [xsl] Dumb questions from a newbie

Subject: RE: [xsl] Dumb questions from a newbie
From: Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:10:34 -0800 (PST)
--- Michael Kay <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > My question is about being able to write xsl to pull data out of
> mdb
> > files?  Is this possible?
>
> mdb is Microsoft Access I assume?

Yes.

I have multiple files that make up my documents. The mdb files can or
could go to active web pages seperately or accessed by search engines
through the final document. Other parts of the document are different
in nature (such is the EAD coder life). I don't want to get locked
into using Access and its HTML creations. The coding seems very
microsoft dependent in their web pages. There is more to data than
databases that is the beauty of XML.

Thanks for the info, I will get on the list and ask about it.

Mike F.
Library of Congress
Washington, DC