[xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] Re[2]: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl]   is being displayed as Á

Subject: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] Re[2]: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl]   is being displayed as Á
From: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:23:53 -0600
> >> I set the endoding (in a Content-Type meta and xsl:output) as UTF-8.
> DC> If you are using the html output method then you shouldn't explictly
> DC> make an meta element, one will be added automatically.

> Not in MSXML it isn't. I have no idea whether it should or not so I'll
> take your word for it, but it certainly doesn't happen here. I'm using
> XMPSpy to do the transform, and it is using MSXML4. I believe it did
> the same with MSXML3

I suspect what David meant was that the equivalent http header for the
encoding type will be added automatically.  Remember that meta tags are a
bit of a kludge in that they allow you to code information at the HTML level
that would normally be coded in the http headers.  You won't normally see
the headers in a well formed http request....